Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hello Again

I'm currently attending a Pain Management facility. It's supposed to help me manage my pain a little better or so I thought. They are talking about injection therapy at my scar sight and possible methadone treatment. I'm not to sure about either one of those choices. On a positive note my Blood Pressure is back down to 126/74....WHEW!
I know that I'm not as positive a person as I was going into this. I started out good and everything was going to be fine and I was going to take my life back with a vengeance....it didn't quite work out that way.
It seems as if I'm on a roller coaster that for the most part is constantly going up. I'm struggling in my seat just anticipating the plummet and it never comes. There's no even out or dips just the constant climb. I think if I can get past that and start the ride I can go back to a somewhat normal life.
I was asked to be a part of or linked to a Cancer site. I'm flattered but my condition isn't cancer. I don't know if the person knew that or not. I know the first thing people think of with this is cancer. TUMOR = CANCER that's the way I used to think as well. Neurofibromatosis a condition that causes neurological tumors to grow constantly. I am missing my chromosome 22 which would stop the growth of these benign tumors. Yeah for my genes!
I got my itinerary today for my next trip back east. I leave on April 18 with my husband and return home on April 23. I'm praying for no new growth and I'm praying for some answers. I am so greatful for the NINDS or the NIH. They have been wonderful to me. Free medical that doesn't take the "Person" out of the mix. They are kind and caring.
This is just a little update. I'm going to try to write more at a later date.

1 comment:

Kourtney said...

Hmmm, I figured that cancer thing was spam. Some do view these things as cancer since cancer by definition is a out of control growth.

So happy Derek can go to MD with you. I hope you can have some fun on your trip.