Friday, September 19, 2008

At Home Mom Blues

I am going nuts staying at home and trying to keep myself occupied. I clean and cook and do the laundry. I ride my kids about homework and picking up after themselves. I just don't know what to do to keep myself busy.
I knit as much as I can. I talk to myself and the dog. I log onto the computer and to my Meningioma Mommas board and reply to all of the posts. I am so used to working that I miss it even though I didn't like it all that much. So, what now?

I filled out the form to volunteer at the boys' school. I get my driving privileges back in 35 days. That will help tremendously. I have a meeting at the SSI office on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Then after saying all of this I wonder why am I complaining. I finally get to be a huge positive part of my boys' life. I'm ALIVE!!!! I survived brain surgery. Not just Brain surgery but major brain surgery. Two incisions on my scull one 8 1/2 inches and the other 4 inches. I also had 49 staples and two other small incisions where the drainage tubes were. Yes Pictures are coming. We took pics of the incision site (didn't look that bad). I actually reacted very well to the surgery. We also took pics of me in recovery. I looked pale but otherwise I was smiling.

I am trying to make the most of this. I am thankful for all of the gifts in my life. I wouldn't trade this life for anything. I am blessed.

With all of that said here is my new short term goal list:

1. Be able to walk around the entire block by myself
2. Be able to read a book again
3. lose 50 lbs by this time next year
4. Be a more positive person
5. Take time to smell the roses (slow down and enjoy life)

I'm sure that I will add to this list as I continue to add to my long term goal list. I will continue to thank God for all of the gifts in my life as well as giving me one more day. I will also try to find a new hobby or maybe a new career that doesn't involve staring at the computer all day.

I'm done venting now.... To all who read this Have a wonderful, positive day!

No comments: