Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So, I have brain tumors....What's your excuse???

I really need to get a shirt or a hat that says that. I blame almost everything on my tumors. Why not.... most of the time it gets a laugh.
Yesterday I went outside to get some chicken from the freezer in the garage. Normally this wouldn't be a big ordeal but this time was different. You see, the door to the garage has a funky lock on it where it's unlocked on the inside and locked on the outside. Yes, you guessed it. I locked myself out.
Immediately I started crying. Not because I wanted to but because one of the side effects to the surgery and coming off the steroid is over active emotions. Once I start crying I can't stop. Thank God I had my cell phone. I called my friends and they immediately came over. They were so good to me. They tried to break into my house and it didn't work. That was sure comforting. Then we called the locksmith.
65.00 and 30 seconds later I was in my house. I was locked out for 2 hours. I'm laughing about it now and so is everyone else.
Today I had my appointment with SSI. I applied for SSDI which is disability benefits. The gal that was working with me was very helpful and at the end of a 2 hour meeting she said there was no reason for me to be denied. She asked me so many questions and was able to see that YES I have memory loss. She told me that it was good that I was so prepared and brought all my medical records and had all of their phone numbers and addresses. She also told me it wasn't a big deal that I didn't have my birth certificate. They are passing some new rules that make it so they don't require them anymore.
She was, to say the least, great. She answered my questions, gave me a few tips, and was very pleasant. What I didn't like was the lighting. I'm still taking medications to get rid of this nifty migraine that I have now. I hate headaches.
Other than the headache everything is going good. Life is good and I'm learning to live with the fact that I need to take the time to heal. I need to allow myself to relax and heal. If I say this out loud enough then I won't allow myself to get that cooped up feeling. It's not so bad because I have a nice house in a nice neighborhood and great kids. My family and friends are the best. I have a friend who calls me to take my mind off of things. He usually makes me laugh and always makes me smile. I have another friend who picked me up for ice cream and brought me Minnie mouse ears. She has also taken time out of her busy day to help me out. I have another friend who helped me move. She was one of the hardest workers I've ever seen.
I am Blessed! To live is a gift....And I will never forget it.

1 comment:

Power Up Love said...

I read your profle would you please consider writing and sharing your story, struggles, or testimonies to be posted on www.PowerUpLove.com? There are other people going through the same sort of things. It encourages others to hear when other people have the same desires, same disappointments, and same struggles.

We don’t rejoice in other people’s struggles or anything, but we rejoice in the fact that we’re not alone in carrying our burdens. We’re uplifted when we know someone is praying specifically re: particular areas in our life, just as they are encouraged knowing we’re praying for them. My heart aches when I see and realize that if I cry when my friends cry, hurt when they hurt, and I’m human…imagine how God responds to us when we’re hurting and we turn to Him for solace.

Blessings...