Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crazy People make me happy

I see them on the news all the time making weird comments and funny gestures and I just love it. I laugh and laugh and it just makes me feel good. Not because I think that I am better than they are or anything like that. And, don't get me wrong here, I'm not laughing at them, I'm laughing with them.
Have you ever taken the time to check out the person walking down the street talking to themselves and just listened in? Take a moment before you judge. They are having in depth conversations with someone who gives a damn and listens to them without judging them. Most of us do it everyday in silence in our prayers talking to God. They don't care what you or I think of them. They lost that a long time ago. Life threw them a curve ball and they are rolling with it. They do seem happy. Smiles on there faces, bouncing around like children, talking to people only they can see. And they are happy.
Most adults lost the ability to be truly happy when they were children. We lose that ability to find a toy out of a stick and a game out of two shoes and three friends. We no longer roll down the hills, or laugh because snot bubbles came out of our best friends nose. Most of us have one best friend not 10. We would rather go to a bar than play legos or watch TV than go to the park. We are afraid of the neighbors dog, we don't want to pet it.
I just feel like society is needing an overhaul. We used to know all of our neighbors. We used to know their kids. Our parents had block parties and Tupperware parties and BBQ's. If I sneezed wrong three blocks over my mom knew about it because she got a phone call from Mrs. Smith.
We need to pick one fun memory everyday and just let it stick out in our heads. Live it and tell our children about it. Sledding, basketball, bike rides, Soggy and Boppa's house with chocolate chip cookies. You name it we need to pass this on. Our kids know video games and TV, cartoons and electronics.
This country has devoted a whole trade show to the electronic gaming industry. New and improved ways to kill brain cells in your children. New ways to keep your kids inside and help them to gain weight. We have TV shows that are dedicated to weight loss and clinics dedicated to the obese.
I'm not sure what brought this up other than the fact that I had a lot on my mind. I've been upset because every time I try to work out I end up with a headache. I'm trying to lose some of the weight and gain some strength and it puts me in bed for the rest of the day. Not to sleep because I'm dealing with insomnia again. I'm done with my head hurting. I just want to get out and play with my boys again. I want to run and jump and play basketball with them. I want to laugh till my sides hurt and I have tears coming out of my eyes. I don't want to do this and end up with a headache. I also feel like I'm not teaching my children any kind of lesson by being in the house all of the time. I'm not sure how much longer they are going to let me drive and that just makes it worse.
Chin up and moving forward I just need to re-define my terms........

So, back to the beginning of my post "Crazy people make me happy", what's the difference between them walking down the street talking out loud and me voicing it on here? Am I crazy too? Are all of the other bloggers crazy too? Or, are we just closet crazy people.....LOL

No comments: