Thursday, November 20, 2008

Call To Action

I just wanted a title that would make everyone want to read this....Just kidding. I think that everyone should want to read this because it's about me.... again just kidding!
I'm dealing with kids who's parents obviously don't care enough to teach them right from wrong and they want to hurt my boys. I'm dealing with schools who don't care enough to boot the kids out of there and hold those parents and children responsible. They will. I will make sure of it.
I'm doing OK this week. I'm trying to re-learn how to deal with stress so that it doesn't put me into bed for the day. I don't know why but I get flustered and my head pounds and I cry and shake. It's a horrible feeling. I am getting better but I really need to learn how to deal with this.
I had another bout of extreme fatigue this week. I hate it because it feels like I am outside of my body looking in. Like I have no control. Thank God this one didn't last that long.

OK everyone... The real reason for this blog...Time to rock the boat. I applied for SSDI on September 9th. They say that I won't hear anything until January 29th. If I don't hear anything by then I can contest and file a claim with them. In the mean time we are struggling. I am happy to be alive, don't get me wrong. I'm just upset with our system. I can understand that they want to keep the riff raff out but come on. I had Brain surgery to remove 4 brain tumors and I still have 15-20 left in my head. I have 3 doctors saying that I am disabled and shouldn't be working. They still don't want to give me an answer or call me back.
I need everyone to write a letter to your congressman or to the White House. Together we can move mountains, together we can fix a broken system. We need to fix this one. This system can't expect us to live on no money when we can't work. Why do we pay into a system that we can't use. It's almost like they want us to go homeless or die so they don't have to pay us. We need to work as a team to fix this. I don't want to lose my home or my family because of a disease that I didn't chose to have. I don't want to see anyone else go through this as well. And why should I have to depend on others to help me out all the time when I did pay into this system?
I am thankful for my friends and family for helping my family out in our time of need and we will pay it forward someday. We have been blessed by some wonderful guardian angels who stepped forward without question and kept our heads above water. We have so much to be thankful for this year.
I may complain a lot about this and the way things are going but I am still here and I am alive. I am truly thankful for the gifts in my life my friends and family. I'm thankful for my on-line family, my Meningioma Support group... You guys are wonderful.

No comments: