Monday, November 10, 2008

Thankfull for the gifts in my life

I'm not a flashy person. I don't require much. All I really want in life is Family, Stability, Health, Happiness, and Love. Not necessarily in that order. I have a roof over my head. I have a family who loves me. I have friends who are second to none. My life is good.
I am back!
My medications are finally levelling off. It took a while but it seems as if the depression I was experiencing did have something to do with the medication I was on. So, they put you on another medication to counteract it. I haven't cried in two days. I'm still a little moody but I'm not expecting an overnight cure.
I am working on a fundraising idea with a group of other brain tumor survivors. They actually are listening to my ideas and we are all contributing to each others. It's amazing what we can all accomplish when we work together and not against each other.
Today I am going to try to clean my house and finish my laundry. Rainy season has hit here in the Pacific Northwest so we have to get really creative about what we do indoors. I have a bunch of craft ideas that we will be starting soon. I also save a lot of the major re-arranging and cleaning for this time of year to help keep us busy. If we can do it we might even paint.
I am also wanting to learn how to use my sewing machine. I want to start making quilts. I want to learn how to make story quilts and donate those as well. Next year, it would be nice to be able to donate blankets and scarfs to the homeless shelters downtown. We all know that they are filling up fast and people are hurting. I think that maybe this is what I'm supposed to do. I already have people wanting to give me fabric and even help me to make stuff. All in the name of Giving. It feels really good.
It would also be nice to try to set up a fund for single parents who get brain tumors and have to have surgery. I mean it was hard for us to survive and we couldn't have done it without the help of friends and family. I couldn't imagine being all alone and going through this.
I think that I just found my higher purpose. Now, how to I get this off the ground. How do I make this happen. I have ideas for fundraising, now I just need someone with the brains to help make it happen.
As you can see I am feeling better. My headaches are dull and still there but no more seizures. I'm still not sleeping but I can deal with that. I'm in a better mood. I smile more. I laugh more. I'm seeing the humor in life again and it's rubbing off on my family.
We are going to make it. I am going to make it......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to start a fund for brain tumor patients too, lets talk. Email me please, you follow my blog too. Tumor Girl braintumorsuck@yahoo.com