Friday, November 14, 2008

Insomnia and getting ready to Party

Yep, the two really don't go together. I'm going to take a nap here in a minute but before I do I wanted to put down some thoughts. Tonight is my "Girly Party" so I need to be awake for that.
Laughter is good medicine. At two in the morning when all I wanted to do is scream and rant and rave I found myself laughing at Will Smith on Fresh Prince of Bell Air. Cracked me up. I wasn't mad anymore.
Love and friendship can help you through the toughest of times. I have seen some of the greatest people be put through the ringer and for no apparent reason other than to shut them up. Together we prevail thanks to the initiative of one woman who said enough is enough, without even saying it. Actions do speak louder than words. Now we are an on-line family and helping each other laugh and chat and heal. I feel no strains here or the need to think before I type. I know "da rules"! (LOL back the first thought).
I also know that I need to stop thinking about the next step in my journey for now. I need to put it away until my next appointment. I can't let this control my life. I need to try to live as normal as I can.
I think I have some swelling going on. Nothing major. I'm still walking and talking fine. I'm not drooling and my face hasn't gone completely numb. I do, however, have numbness and tingling in my arms and hands. My neck is sore again and the lump on the back of my neck is getting bigger. I'm watching all of this and documenting it just like the docs asked me to. My little black book is filling up quick. The headache is still there but I'm living with it. I can't be too upset with all of this. I'm alive. I can hear and see and walk. I'm going to enjoy every minute of everything until I'm unable to do it anymore.
Look forward to the sweet sounds of laughing children. Morning kisses and hugs for no reason. This is worth living for. The rest is just trivial.....

No comments: